Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ode to Rhino (or Dino?)

I awoke this morning to Maison crying. Wasn't because someone had hurt him, he was very sad. I asked him what was wrong and he said Rhino was dead. One of his turtles he got for Christmas from Santa had died. He told me that it wasn't eating like the other one (Spike), and I noticed when I compared them, Rhino (or Dino - he had a hard time choosing a name, sometimes it's Rhino, sometimes Dino) was alot smaller than Spike, not saying much, they both are no bigger than a quarter! I had to find a box to bury the turtle, and this afternoon after school, we have to have a turtle funeral. Rhino will be buried by Courtney's dog, Daizy, in the side yard. Please feel free to leave your condolences. Maison is having a hard time with this and wanted to stay home from school. He was satisfied that I sent a note to his teacher explaining his mood, and to please be a little sympathetic with him today.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dear Maison,

I am terribly sorry to hear about your little turtle. I know how hard it can be to lose a pet that you love dearly, and I am sure that he is looking down on you from turtle heaven!